Whatever migration you are considering, you will need a solid strategy in place to ensure the re-platforming process goes as smoothly as possible and is delivered on time and on budget. I have extensive experience re-platforming many types of ecommerce websites, both B2B and B2C, primarily working with Magento (Open Source & Commerce) and Shopify.
I can act as either a consultant advising on your re-platform or manage the entire process from start to finish – liaising with all internal and external parties. The service is tailored individually to meet the needs of each client.
Whilst this service is bespoke, a typical format I can manage for a re-platforming project would include aspects of or all of the following:
Initial site audit
- Understanding of the commercial goals of the business over the next 3-5 years
- Understanding of the current issues and challenges
- Ecommerce requirements gathering with key internal stakeholders (using the MoSCoW methodology)
- 3rd party functionality requirements, such as site search, payment gateways etc.
- Integration requirements gathering such as ERP, warehouse management and PIM solutions
The platform has been decided upon; we now need to find a partner who can build and deliver the website as per the specification. My services here are completely bespoke depending on the requirements of each client. If needed, I can manage the whole process from start to finish, which would include:
- RFP creation
- Development agency briefing if required
- Q&A management
- Pitch management and assistance with agency selection
- Regular, weekly scheduled call with both the client and agency
- hands-on support for both agency and client to ensure deadlines are met
- Sign off and deployment management
- Post launch management
- Internal training and ongoing support if required
Please contact me to discuss how I can help with your ecommerce re-platforming project.
10+ years of ecommerce experience
I’m Paul Barrett and have been working with ecommerce clients throughout the UK to ensure their websites work as hard as they can do. I do this by…
I enjoyed working with Paul to achieve a very rapid website MVP release, the specific requirements of B2B and B2C were a difficult balance without compromising the overall customer experience. I found Paul to be thorough and pragmatic, offering sound insights on ecommerce trends, tools and user behaviours. These suggestions helped to form an evolving and sound growth strategy that was aimed at being self-proving, through analytics to build deeper confidence and a wider understanding at board level.