Whatever migration you are considering, you will need a solid strategy in place to ensure the re-platforming process goes as smoothly as possible and is delivered on time and on budget. I have extensive experience re-platforming many types of ecommerce websites, both B2B and B2C, primarily working with Magento (Open Source & Commerce) and Shopify.
I can act as either a consultant advising on your re-platform or managing the entire process from start to finish and liaising with all internal and external parties. The service is tailored individually to meet the needs of each client.
Whilst this service is bespoke, a typical format I can manage for a re-platforming project would include some or all of the following:
- Understanding of the commercial goals of the business over the next 3-5 years
- Understanding of the current issues and challenges
- Detailed ecommerce requirements gathering with key internal stakeholders
- Integration requirements gathering such as ERP, warehouse management and PIM solutions
- RFP creation
- Development agency briefing if required
- Pitch management and assistance with agency selection
- Project management of entire web build
- Sign off and deployment management
- Post launch management
- Internal training and ongoing support if required
Please contact me to discuss how I can help with your ecommerce re-platforming project.
Companies I am currently working with include:
My name is Paul Barrett, an ecommerce professional based in Brighton and London with nearly two decades’ experience in the digital sector – ten of those in ecommerce. I now provide consultancy and undertake contract work for online businesses across the UK.