Whatever migration you are considering, you will need a solid strategy in place to ensure the re-platforming process goes as smoothly as possible and is delivered on time and on budget. I have extensive experience re-platforming many types of ecommerce websites, both B2B and B2C, primarily working with Magento (Open Source & Commerce), Bigcommerce and Shopify.
I can act as either a consultant advising on your re-platform or manage the entire process from start to finish – liaising with all internal and external parties. The service is tailored individually to meet the needs of each client.
Whilst this service is bespoke, a typical format I can manage for a re-platforming project would include aspects of or all of the following:
Initial site audit
- Understanding of the commercial goals of the business over the next 3-5 years
- Understanding of the current issues and challenges
- Ecommerce requirements gathering with key internal stakeholders (using the MoSCoW methodology)
- 3rd party functionality requirements, such as site search, payment gateways etc.
- Integration requirements gathering such as ERP, warehouse management and PIM solutions
The platform has been decided upon; we now need to find a partner who can build and deliver the website as per the specification. My services here are completely bespoke depending on the requirements of each client. If needed, I can manage the whole process from start to finish, which would include:
- RFP creation and initial agency selection
- Timeline management
- Development agency briefing if required
- Q&A management
- Pitch management and assistance with agency selection
With the agency in place, it’s time to start the build. Typically these projects require plenty of back and forth between the client and agency to make sure what is being built matches expectations on both sides. This can be a time consuming process so I assume the role of project manager and ensuring as much as possible that the build is delivered on time and on budget. Again, this is a bespoke service that will be different from one client to another but as a rule of thumb will usually encompass the following:
- Regular, weekly scheduled call with both the client and agency
- hands-on support for both agency and client to ensure deadlines are met
- Sign off and deployment management
- Post launch management
- Internal training and ongoing support if required
Please contact me to discuss how I can help with your ecommerce re-platforming project.