Magento Project Management
A lot of my work in the past has been managing Magento projects, usually replatforms or upgrades from Magento 1 to 2 but also smaller projects such as ESP and Site search functionality changes.
I essentially act as the conduit between the agency and the client and take full control of the project so that the ecommerce business can continue to function as normal without the distraction of dealing with the day to day management of the project. My Magento experience helps to ensure that alongside the general project management I can also add value to the general approach and assist with the inevitable problem solving that is required along the way.
My project management approach is bespoke per client but the below is a typical example of how I would approach a Magento rebuild from a project management perspective:
- Ideally present at the initial requirements gathering workshops to ensure the full scope of the project is understood and provide an objective view of the timelines, budgets and general approach
- Review of BRD (business requirements document) or similar which the agency will pull together once the requirements sessions have been completed
- Communications channels set up and timings agreed with agency PM – usually using an instant messenger such as Slack for day to day comms plus regular scheduled calls
- Full access to agency project management tools to see exactly where the project is at any given time
- Regular calls with the client (usually weekly) to provide updates on the progress of the project. I am of course available for adhoc comms where needed throughout the project
- I will also organise a regular call (weekly or bi-weekly) with the agency, client and me to go through the overall project update
- Creation of a task document for the client to ensure that what is needed to be completed by the client is done so in time and by the correct people.
- Review and critique of go live planning and assess the potential risks of launching at any given time
- If needed, I can provide full training to the in house team on how to manage the new website and functionality within.
- Launch management and post-launch support. Ensuring that the go live goes as expected and then dealing with any snags that arise once the website is up and running.
Get in contact with me if you want to learn more about how I can help manage your Magento projects.